I get terrible color with Rit (Liquid) that washes right out when I boil it (to seal it). Are you using the power and what is your magic recipe (Qty of dye to water)?
My first attempt didn’t soak up any color like you’re saying. Washed right out except for one spot that bubbled a ton in the tank. I narrowed it down to the part not actually being anodized except for in that one spot. Have since gotten a better aluminum wire to wrap the part (better contact) and leave the parts in the sulfuric acid longer.
No secret recipe on the dye. A lot of water to a little dye. Doesn’t take much!
Hi, I’ve been traveling and away from the Shapeoko, when I did not hear, I tried my go at it, and
learned a lot! first, I discovered that for my unit the front milling surface (0,0,0) extends beyond the front of my Aluminum base plate. I also used a 1/8" end mill the M6 holes – took about 4 hrs to mill. I think that I’ll “borrow” some of your ideas for V2 that include a recessed M8 counterbore to allow for recessed mounting screws.
Thanks for all your help, picts to follow.