Nomad and Corian sample

I have a 2"x2"x.5" sample of basic white Corian I’d like to mess around with. Can the Nomad handle this and if so, what mill should be used? thx

Corian machines quite nicely.

Here’s one example of cutting it on a Nomad:

and a few notes on the wiki: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

1 Like

Awesome. Appears I have everything I need then (except for good dust management, which concerns me about this material). This is all stuff “in the queue” as I need to do a good flip jig tutorial first. My first attempt with the jig was… all cootered. I’m still very very new.

Thx for the link!

For small CNC stuff you might also do a search for “Candlestone” which is a high grade Corian to see what other folks are using for speeds/feeds/stepover/DOC/bits. As Will mentioned this stuff machines beautifully with great detail. I’ve cut it half a dozen times and have probably 30 small pieces waiting for “that special project”, whenever that happens, haha!!! I use a ShapeOKO, but I’m sure you’ll find many people cut it with a Nomad as well.

Dan

2 Likes

Candlestone or Corian sound interesting. Any suggestions as to where I can get small quantities sized for the Nomad?.

There ya go!

Dan

3 Likes