Odd toolpath in CC

(travis) #1

Hi everyone. Just doing up a design in Carbide create today then went to generate toolpaths and have this problem. The toolpath for a straight line element is curved? I deleted the nodes in that area and redrew them which smoothed it a little but didn’t fix it.

The design element is a mix of polygons and freehand “inserted nodes”. My feeling is there’s a node out of order possibly? but I thought it would have been fixed when I deleted and redrew. Anyone else seen this issue or any ideas how to resolve? Thanks,
Travis

(travis) #2

I have a previous version of the file before I redrew the nodes which I just went and generated toolpaths on and saw this - a rogue invisible node? when I try to do node edits it doesn’t show these “nodes”. It’s almost like the little adjustable nodes you get for a Bezier curve out there in space?

(William Adams) #3

Please send these files in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll try to have a developer look at them.

(travis) #4

Thanks Will, ive sent it in.

Just thinking through this and I may have worked out the issue although I couldn’t repeat it…

To create this aaa%20this%20element

I created this aaa%20this%20element%202

Then Boolean joined it with a rectangle aaa%20merge
aaa%20to%20create%20this

I’m wondering if I inadvertently didn’t have the rectangle high enough and one or two of the original curved element nodes survived? But even then it shouldn’t throw it? I’m not sure. I’ll leave this workflow up to give the developers more info though.