Pineapple Serving Tray

That’s pretty slow, I usually cut hard maple at 70-80 IPM, you can also create a second pass set slightly deeper to take a light final cut at a faster rate if you continue to have issues.

Thanks guys. I’ll make adjustments and try again. Maybe I can get better results the second go around.

Made another one and it turned out the way it should by design. Adjusted the router up to keep z axis from topping out. It went good this time. This one is going to be a Christmas gift for my mother in law.

3 Likes

Much much better. She will love it.

1 Like

can you share the cad file please.

Here is the link to download the files Fahad. This is Vectric VCarve software.

http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/projects/2016/pineapple-fruit-server.html

Thank you for sharing @Bjohnes

Please

Any one have access to vcarve can save the file as dxf and svg .

Something is screwy. The SVG file is not uploading correctly.

Sorry for the trouble. The forum is a black box, so there’s not much we can do to tweak it.

I did just upgrade to the latest version though so that may have helped.

Thanks @Bonch

My mom will love it

Still doesnt work but if you need the svg file, send me a message with your email and I will send it to you.

For yucks, I decided to import this .svg into Carbide Create (thanks, Bonch!). CC opened this up just fine, however there are some post import issues I’m experiencing:

• Using any of the alignment tools produces a skewed mish-mash of vector results.
  • I can’t get a toolpath created with any of the imported vector objects,

I also tried saving the post-imported project into .c2d format, reopening it, and still the same results.

What am I missing?
Is there a setting/operation in CC that needs to be activated?

I have made 7 of these and 3 had the same result of of the x axis crashing. I did reset my bowl for a deeper dish of .4". Did 3 passes and a .05 as a clean up pass number 4.

I also think a roundover bit on the top 6 leaves will make it look better. I will experiment with this. I don’t like the way it cuts of so deeply looks the best.

Careful with the distribution and conversion to other formats of these files folks. You could leave yourself open to legal action.

Here is the ‘Terms of Use’ that accompany the downloading of this particular Pineapple file.

> Terms of Use: This Project and artwork is provided on the understanding that it will only be used with Vectric software programs. You may use the designs to carve parts for sale but the Files and/or Vectors, Components or Toolpaths within them (or any derivatives) may not be converted to other formats, sold to, or shared with anyone else. This project was created by Michael Tyler and is Copyright 2016 - Vectric Ltd.

_

2 Likes

This was a great learning project for me… ended up making this in Estlcam back then… I ended up using the pineapple as a plaque for another project.

This maybe so Jim, but I don’t know if the copyright holder would see it in the same light.

2 Likes

Hi Fahad! How did you get the CRV file to open with carbide create?