Request to add more or different fonts to Carbide Create

(Derrick Carver) #1

Is it possible to add some more styles or add some different cursive letter fonts to carbide create

(Jim Amos) #2

CC uses whatever fonts are installed on your host system… the world is your oyster (unless I’m mis understanding your question).

(William Adams) #3

If you want connected scripts, it’s probably best to set them outside of Carbide Create (until such time as CC is able to do path operations w/o converting to lines), in a vector editorunion the paths, then save as an SVG and import into Carbide Create — this will preserve them as Bezier curves.

(Colby Parsons) #4

Actually that does not seem to always be the case. I just added a font on my Win 10 laptop, and the font is now accessible in the usual places like Word, and Illustrator, but it does not show up in Create. I even updated Create since I added that font, and it still does not show.

(William Adams) #5

Name of the font in question?

Is it installed w/ permissions which allow Carbide Create to see the file?

(Colby Parsons) #6

I know I did an admin install. But your question made me think of right clicking the icon and see if it was blocked, which it was. So I unblocked. Then I reinstalled, and still could not find it. But then as I was scrolling through something caught my eye and I found it listed somewhere else in the alphabet. The font is Museo, and it is listed between E and F. It turns out that there are other fonts out of alphabetical order. Maybe a font search feature could be added if there is no way to solve the alphabetization issue.