Some interface tweaks

(John Clark) #1

I had a few interface tweaks I wanted to request:

• Any way to get the description in the Tool list? Right now I have a 60 degree and a 90 degree V-bit and both show up as “0.5 in Vee” which is not very helpful.
  • Any way to save our own default feeds and speeds for a new tool?
  • Is there a reason in the toolpath why the max depth defaults to “0.394?” A few times I have forgotten to change this and my brain, seeing that there is a number there, assumes that I have set it.
  • The Library Elements would be a thousand times more useful if I could add my own SVGs
  • Is there any way to warn before quitting an unsaved file?

Alos, just out of curiosity, what language is CC coded in?

Thanks,
John

(Daniel Loughmiller) #2

My grid defaults to .197" as well. Somewhere on here I’d started a long list of (mostly small) feature requests. Occasionally someone lights a fire under someone and we get a bunch of new features in rapid succession, followed by long periods of quietness.

(William Adams) #3

The grid default comes from the program originally being in metric — 0.197 inches ~= 5mm

(John Clark) #4

59%20PM

The cutting depth is the one that doesn’t make sense to me. I get that it’s about 10mm but why default this at all? Set it to zero and warn me if I try to submit it that way. Otherwise my brain scans past it and says, “there’s a value there, I must have set that.”

And yes, I probably need a better brain. :grinning:

(Daniel Loughmiller) #5

I figured as much. I mean, I get UI creation sucks but if nothing else these defaults could be read from a config.xml file stuck somewhere accessible on the drive. It wouldn’t be as ideal as editing in the program itself but it would make it editable nonetheless.