The Beaver CNC HDZ Lives!

Hi Luke

Can I ask you a quick question about about your adapter mount plate you designed for the Suckit and the home limit switch it?
And the home

1. There is a spacer between the adapter plate and the low profile arm, what is that distance?
  2. What is the thickness of the adapter plate for the suckit?
  3. My third question is regarded the limit switch kit. When I place my order on your website I order 3 of those limit switches. If you are going to design a kit for it. Can I change my order to that instead? Just wondering.

Thanks Luke.

Hi Henry

You need to be a bit more specific, I’m a little confused.

To fit the suckit I’ve provided little arms that go on the back of your axis, however you will need suckit adapters for your suckit. Please see the picture below. To order these email info@suckitdustboot.com - I don’t make these.

If you want to make your own axis stays the design files are here. I used 4mm aluminium but this is overkill.

I am planning on making a kit for it, but I’m a couple of weeks away. You can swap your order but I will need to refund you.

Luke

1 Like

Hey Luke, a bit off topic but I couldn’t help but spot the (aluminium?) waste board/base on your demo machine. Is that something you sourced locally?

Yes it is. I wanted the one from carbide 3d but posting a massive sheet of machined aluminium isn’t that easy from the US to the UK. I ended up making my own by hand which was quite fun. I also designed the waste board plans that float around on here every now and then.

I used 12mm aluminium sheet and it makes a real difference to the rigidity of the machine.

2 Likes

Hi Luke,

I already own a suckit on my SO3, but I am thinking about the feasibility to design low profile arm my self, since you provided the plate for the suckit attachment.

I will swap to the home limit switch that you will design, I can pay the price different via paypal if that is easier.

henry

Hey Henry,Have you seen the new suckit for Beaver HDZ they did a great job

1 Like

@orlrobinson Where did you find that?

I believe it’s in the mail to me! Should be coming today.

2 Likes

Their facebook page had the pic

SO this is now coming tomorrow. Step out for one min and I missed DHL…

2 Likes

I ordered my Suckit in “Beaver Blue” as well. Can’t wait to get it and put everything together.

2 Likes

Did you see my instagram? I’ve got one all setup :smiley:

Hi MrBeaver,
Would the Beaver CNC HDZ be cheaper if you just sent the parts in a box with the intent for user end total assembly? I have lots of tools that I don’t mind using for assembly purposes.
Thanks!

I did think about it. However each one only takes me around an hour to build. But that includes pulling all 96 parts together. I don’t think it would save me much time as I then have to worry about correct assembly and ensuring nothing is missed from the box.

I also have the next 25 unit boxes and components in assembly

2 Likes

Evening all, just a heads up I’ve setup a new email for Beaver CNC - I’m starting to get quite a bit of traffic.

Now you can email info@beavercnc.co.uk :smiley:

3 Likes

It lives!

I have no idea what I’m doing on ugcs though. It homes like in the video but “jogging” is extremely slow. Haven’t tried much else. Just wanted it to work tonight :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Woo. That’s one of your homing settings you have a fast feed rate for seek then a slower one. What are you using to control it?

Ugcs since I can ask for help here. All I’ve ever used is carbide motion.

$24 is your Homing feed, mm/min

$25 is your Homing seek, mm/min

You want to change $24

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check it out after work