Touch probe no longer going to be offered?

Okay, I will test that. Thanks for the update Will.

I’d help test :smiley:

I have a Nomad Pro and a SO3, so I would be willing to test.

Would love to test! Where do I sign up?

Dan

1 Like

Count me in for Nomad Classic!!

To test please see:

Ill help test please

1 Like

I’m happy to help test 408 as well.

1 Like

Hi Luke,
I’m using a third part probe too, (p3) which is a different size respect the Carbide3d probe, and it goes with CM4; I checked for the correct offsets with a magnifier to modify them in x, y and z axis, simply subtracting some millimeters and decimals, from the zero point after zeroing. I think that any probe could work if we get the right dimensions… this is not against the carbide3D Guys, but I needed a probe and their one isn’t available yet, and I’m in Europe, so how long? And how much?

Max

Hi Max, I’m not 100% sure on the question here? I don’t sell probes or work for CM. Did you want the dimensions of the probe?

I have a CM probe, but I have also had to change my control software to UGCS - due to me getting silly with machine modifications. I still use my CM probe, I just have it calibrated in UGCS.

I wrote up the dimensions of the Carbide 3D probe here, or on Facebook — a couple of folks have made them and they work okay (but w/o the glowing LED which is incredibly addictive, and wonderfully reassuring).

Last I heard the Probes were supposed to be available “soonish”, which I believe now means early March barring further difficulty. Check in at support@carbide3d.com and we can put you in touch with someone who can make a more official statement from better data.

1 Like

Thank you WilliamI haven’t found the dimensions here nor on Facebook (not checked there) I’ll drop you a line!

, [quote=“WillAdams, post:184, topic:4786, full:true”]
I wrote up the dimensions of the Carbide 3D probe here, or on Facebook — a couple of folks have made them and they work okay (but w/o the glowing LED which is incredibly addictive, and wonderfully reassuring).

Last I heard the Probes were supposed to be available “soonish”, which I believe now means early March barring further difficulty. Check in at support@carbide3d.com and we can put you in touch with someone who can make a more official statement from better data.
[/quote]

Thank you Luke, it seems that those dimensions are public. I still use CM to send my Gcodes, I find that 4.12 fit for my needs since I have a non modded Shapeoko :slight_smile:
Max.

Hello @WillAdams!. Any chance of posting the link to the dimensions?. Tried searching and couldn’t find it.

1 Like

A Facebook post ( Redirecting... ) goes on to say:

Z probe is 22mm, X and Y 7mm, and overall thickness is 25mm. The other dimensions are irrelevant

1 Like

Perfect, F360 file done! :slight_smile:

Max.

If I understood correctly, this is the probe, right?. Units are mm.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s the mechanical body — the Carbide 3D version adds some rounding, logo, and electronics and an LED.

2 Likes

Share?

I have updated my model to have the rounding now. It also has a hole for a banana plug. My current method of attaching a probe to the cable. Are the electronics and LED necessary for it to work with Carbide Motion?. Are the electronics and LED a visual confirmation only?.

2 Likes