Two new mantle pieces

Still need to apply poly. I’m getting a lot of orders for these things, more than I can keep up with. Who knew they’d be so popular?!

The T was a bit of a challenge, first attempt with a straight leg T ended up being too top heavy to stay upright reliably. So I flared the base, then cut a pocket in the middle layer at the bottom, then another on the cross piece. Then I filled the bottom pocket with lead to move the center of gravity to the base. Cut the tabs and removed the scrap from the design.

13 Likes

These look awesome, if you dont mind me asking how much do you charge for these? Did you end up charging more for the T that required the modification and lead addition?

1 Like

I’ve been charging $25 for these. I’'ve been told I’m under charging, but really I just want enough to keep me in endmills and buy more wood for playing with. I got an order for 4 more of them today, so I’m definitely under charging lol

Ya I would say that is undercharging, but if you and the customer are happy thats all that matters!

2 Likes