Why not make a Wiki?

Hi Nomad guys,
love my Nomad, enjoying learning MeshCam, etc, but I must admit I’m a little disappointed by the rather sparse documentation. Seeing as how this forum is a treasure trove of info, I suggest you create a “wiki” for MeshCam and the Nomad 883, and then members of this community could start helping build it up.

I for one would be happy to help cut and paste and organize some of the stuff I’ve gleaned from posts on here (even though I’m a total beginner and don’t know much), and I’m sure I’m not alone.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

2 Likes

i like this idea MrHume. Good call. +1

Well, there’s already a wiki for another Carbide3D product — the Shapeoko 3.

Esp. useful pages:

Why not make use of the existing resource?

I will help with my experience on the projects I’m working on. +1 to the wiki.

FWIW, I suggested collaborating on the ShapeOko wiki here: Best practices for cutter definitions in MeshCAM

This wiki is very useful, but the main problem I find is the big difference on spin speeds which both can support, because of these the feed rates are going to be much more different.

Will, I wasn’t aware of that wiki, thanks for linking it! I will be reading those topics you linked. Being an utter novice to this, though, even if I had known of it, it would never have occurred to me that the info in there applies to the Nomad as well.

And for what it’s worth, there are several great posts on this forum that I would love to see archived in some way, so as to make sure other complete beginners like me benefit from them.

I’ve been trying to add things which match up to the Shapeoko wiki — the one thing I haven’t been tracking too closely is MeshCAM, 'cause I don’t do closed-source software when I have a choice.

What are you using instead of MeshCam?

I’ve done some 3D stuff using OpenSCAD: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/OpenSCAD and tried making 3D CAM files using pycam.