Z Jog not accurate

When i jog down in Z .01mm it reads i moved .025mm. I have checked with calipers and is moving .01mm. Any ideas what to check on this. I calibrated $100 - $102 a while back but have reset everything back to 40.00. Would this have anything to do with it?

It’s hard to measure such small distances, and there’s a bit of backlash — but your problems make me wonder if you don’t have a problem w/ your pulley set screw — please see: http://docs.carbide3d.com/shapeoko-faq/shapeoko-3-how-to-check-the-pulley-set-screws/

yea everything checks out except for the Z position in CM. every time i push the .01mm it reads in increments of .025. Maybe it always did, I don’t know. I probably only recognize it now because i just went through everything and fine tuned, checked set screws ect…

Mines the same, noticed that just the other night. I don’t know if it’s always been that way or I just now noticed, but I did just do the CM4+Grbl1.1 update a couple weeks ago.

Dan

Just to be sure, since there are 25 mm to an inch, it almost sounds like it’s displaying in inches rather than mm.

1 Like

Strange. I am on CM 4 and 1.1 as well. I did measure with calipers and it is in fact moving .01 mm. When I get home I.will check if it is in X and Y also.

1 Like

:popcorn:
please post your results

yup, .025 in all directions.

1 Like