1/2" polycarbonate smooth edge

Probably a good idea, but we’re terrified of scratching the poly. The team wants the robot to look sharp, at least going into the 1st tournament. Plus, the protective tape on the bottom makes the whole tape and glue to wasteboard process fairly easy.

2 Likes

It might until it doesn’t. I have done that before and had a 2’x2’ piece come loose… will never use the protective layer as an attachment fixture ever again.

Hmm. I prefer to learn the easy way (from others) vs my own experience. So, we can try removing the protective layer and apply the tape directly to the poly. We’re applying 2" strips of painters tape to piece and wasteboard with superglue between the pieces of tape.

1 Like

I do the same, and you do not need to cover the entire piece with tape. Just get close to where you are cutting to limit vibrations at the cut site.

I love the tape method on polycarbonate because it’s so easy to line correctly when you can see through the material.
Also, I knew this had come up before.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.