$1.25 (no longer a dollar) and now $5 Bamboo cutting boards are back in stock at the Dollar Tree

How do you order a case? You have to add 12 to the cart?

Yes, if you order 12 youā€™ll get an original box of 12.

If you order for example 4, youā€™ll get 4 separate boards in a much larger box w/ as much packaging material as they feel inclined to put in.

I discovered recently the smaller ones were back in stock and ordered a case to be delivered to my local store (1/2 mile away). Unfortunately, when I received the email saying they were ready to be picked up, the store cannot find them in the shipment they received. Iā€™ve been asked to wait until the end of the week to see if they show up in the next shipment to the store.
I ordered them to be delivered to the store as that is free shipping and I didnā€™t want to pay the shipping to my house. Little did I know the issues I might face.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with the local store ā€” problem w/ any franchise.

Went through all 16 in my initial order for the 12x16 size ā€” thereā€™s quite a bit more colour variation in this batch:

though the thicknesses seemed more consistent:

Width Quantity
8.24mm 1
8.32mm 1
8.35mm 1
8.40mm 1
8.41mm 1
8.42mm 2
8.43mm 2
8.44mm 2
8.48mm 1
8.52mm 1
8.53mm 1
8.65mm 1
8.68mm 1
1 Like

Will, have you had any trouble (now or in the past) with the joints splitting or breaking?

Iā€™ve encountered one void when cutting thus far, and I forgot to mention that the first batch of 12x16 boards have some obvious defects which Iā€™ll need to cut around, but so far, everything has been holding up well and aside from the first box where I didnā€™t get the joinery right and a divider where I got a dimension wrong, has gone together well.

3 Likes

I went back to the store again yesterday and they still couldnā€™t find my order, even after another shipment had been received. Luckily, the store had ordered a 24-pack for itself and was just about to be opened and put on the shelf when I came in, so they used that to fulfill my order. So far, they look to be pretty good for my intended use.

The reason I had it sent to the store rather than my house was the shipping cost. Shipping to the store is free, while that one small box would be nearly $18.00 in shipping cost to ship to my house.

1 Like

Glad to hear it!

Other (relatively) inexpensive sources of bamboo:

• Ikea cutting boards (just cut my first project with these ā€” a miniature worksurface)
  • Ikea shelving (maybe ā€” I havenā€™t placed an order, and a couple of things I was considering are being discontinued)
  • Woodworkers Source: Bamboo Lumber for Woodworkers - Friendly Service & Fast Shipping from Woodworkers Source
  • 4x8 sheet goods ā€” Woodcraft has 4x8 veneer which Iā€™ve considered ordering through the local store, but thatā€™s a big financial commitment, and given the thinness, would involve a lot of gluing up. Thereā€™s a company local to me, but itā€™s problematic for me to get sheet goods at home, and I havenā€™t checked what their fuel charge for a delivery has gotten up to (used to be quite reasonable)
1 Like