2.2kw vfd voltage input range?

What is the input range for the vfd? I cant seem to find it listed anywhere. I have a welding plug is my garage that is 247v. Im not sure if thats too much for the vfd or not.

220v +/- 15%, so you should technically be in range for the VFD, however the actual machine powersupply is 200/240 so I’d not recommend plugging it in

4 Likes

Not sure where you live but that seems high for North America. The question is how to fix it. Before spending a lot of time and energy can you borrow a meter from someone else and check it again. Sometimes meters can read improperly because of calibration or defects. I recently bought a new Fluke meter and have retired my older Fluke 77 and 87 meters. Those older Flukes still work but the display on one is getting hard to read and the other one is flakey about the leads connecting solidly.

So if another meter still reads high what can be done. Maybe start with the electricity supplier. See what they have to say. Doubtful they would do much. I dont know who your supplier is but typically if the lights are on then they are happy. But they could have a bad transformer and might be of some help. IF the light company is no help maybe consult an electrician about getting some kind of power conditioning equipment. Maybe as simple is an Uninterruptible Power Supply to regulate your power on the secondary side (VFD).

2 Likes

You can take the display out and clean the contacts which makes it readable again. When that no longer works you can get kits to replace the display. It’s a lot cheaper than getting a new one. I’ve picked up a couple of them at pawn shops that just needed a bit of TLC to get back to working like new again.

What you get at the wall and at the machine can easily be different. If you are using an extension cord, measure at the output side of the cord as there will be a voltage drop across it. If it’s still too high and you are sure your readings are correct, you can call your electric provider and have them check it at the meter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.