$30 setting for CM?

Were there any changes in CM that might set $30 to a specific value? Is there a particular value that CM expects?

I ask because my laser suddenly stopped working - and it turned out that the issue was that $30 had been set to 24000 - rather than 1000, that it wanted. It’s possible that Lightburn itself may have set the value, but I haven’t run that in quite a while and the only thing I run on this machine is CC, CM, and Lightburn.

I now have two macros in Lightburn - a “Use Laser” macro that sets $30=1000 and $32=1 … and a Use CNC macro that is deisgned to reset those values back to $30=1 $32=0. If Carbide prefers a different value for $30, please let me know so I can change the Use CNC macro to reset to whatever value is preferred.

• Gary

I’m away from my machine this so I can’t check but couldn’t you just resend your Shapeoko configuration? Your macros should be $32=0 for CNC mode $32=1 for laser mode.

Hi Ed…my macros do set $32 correctly (as you stated). The parm in question is $30. I had to make a change in my “Use Laser” macro to add $30=1000 (1000 being what Lightburn knows as my “S-Power-Max”) to it. I then altered my Use CNC macro to reset $30=1. The handling of $32 did not change and is what you mentioned.

My question is how my $30 got set to 24000! At first, I thought this was some random number, but it turns out to be the proper $30 setting for the HDM - so it’s my guess CM set it somehow. Anyway, I don’t have the problem anymore!

• Gary

Interesting, I wonder if there was a change in the latest CM (635) that may have reset it on you? I don’t recall all the parameters I set for LightBurn (I can look), but I have to run a macro before switching back to CM or else it will fail to initialize…

Yes…Before this problem, my “Use” macros didn’t set $30 at all. In other words - my “Use Laser” macro set $32, but not $30…so there was nothing to change back. Even if it did, 24,000 is a very specific number…magically the speed for the latest Carbide spindle. Would be QUITE the coincidence!