3D Carved Eagle Face

I’ve been “scared” of going Pro with Carbide Create because i thought it would be really daunting or confusing. I also get like i didn’t really have the time to sit down and play around with it much. Then, I figured i wanted to make a 3D project as a Christmas gift but with my other gift projects I was aftraid the 14 day trial would run out and I would’ve wasted my trial opportunity.

Anyway, i set up the trial and purchased a cheap STL file on Etsy to get started. Turns out, that file worked out really well. Didn’t take long to get the basic understanding and after prepping some walnut for my project, i set it to go and away we went!

I saw somebody on here post about creating a vector more closely around the image to cut down the milling time, so I did that and it saved a huge amount of time. The eagle is about 8 inches tall and about 1 in thick. It took a total of around 5.5 - 6 hours, but because of my current schedule I did it in 3 sessions.

I’m really happy with how it came out, but still have some more learning to do, which I’m looking forward to.

Here’s a pic of the 3D carved eagle face:

And here’s a link to a reel I made on Instagram, showing more of the process:
3D Carved Eagle Face

I still have some sanding to do before i spray some lacquer on it but overall really happy. Thanks for looking/watching!

-seth

11 Likes

That is a great story with wonderful result. It is encouraging, too. I’ve yet to go Pro.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.