3D Dog Picture B-Day Gift

I’m looking to do a basic 3d dog picture and im behind on this Birthday gift idea. i was hoping someone could tell me the best way to go about getting this picture into the proper format, or is it alright currently? i’d like it to be a 10" X 8" format. is that size alright as well?
im using CCPro

(I had to attach the original jpeg as the SVG i saved from inkscape was too large of a file to attach, i don’t know if i did the proper adjustments in inkscape anyway)

TIA
Stay Safe

The problem is that this photo doesn’t have a dark–light presentation which would map to height/depth.

Best option is to cut as a halftone:

2 Likes

You can’t use a photo such as this for true 3D carving. The software determines height based on the tonal gradient in the photo. This means the high and low spots in the carving depend on the bright and dark areas in the image which are determined by the angle of light striking the subject versus the distance to the observer.

You could, however, do an engraving that would mimic the photo.

3 Likes

If you import that image it looks pretty rough

But if you cut it, from straight on it will look like the picture. In the right light.
You may find that from certain angles it just looks like a rough board, and others you will see the image intended.

4 Likes

cutrocket got me to a decent point, too large of a file to attach here. I click on save SVG but then i cant seem to open it in CCPro?
i can drag the image into CCpro but i believe i need to add image via “model”?

I would suggest just exporting to G-code and then running that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.