3D Jigsaw Puzzles

I’ll let you know where to send my commission :joy:

The flag itself is still on my short list but I would have to translate your fusion files to Vectric. Thanks for contributing them to the community.

I should probably try the non puzzle version first.

I did buy the wave model from the same source as you but have not tried anything yet. I have plenty of 8/4 walnut but only 1” maple. I guess I can glue up thicker or start with a smaller version. Looks like 1” would work for this size.

2 Likes

Hey!! Remember that time when I said, use at your own risk and double check the toolpaths???

I forgot to do that :nerd_face:. I adjusted the file to correct the depth of cut, and was messing around and forgot to select the base material to align the puzzle cut thinking that everything was good. 1 setting and it’s off.

The pieces looked good though :upside_down_face:

Starting over…tomorrow…after some drinks tonight :upside_down_face:

After further analysis….the file was technically still valid, I just messed up my center zero on the machine. I assumed that each puzzle piece split each stripe equally, this was true for the union/stripe joint, but not on the rest. Not sure why I didn’t align that way the first time.

I’m going to rework the file to do that as I liked having the stripes directly in the middle of each piece for additional glue strength on the joints.

I took the file down and will re-adjust and post it after I actually complete it.

Cheers! :beers:

5 Likes

OIC how to fix problems now! I thought it was only me! :smiley: