3D Printed Air Blast / Mister Mount for 80mm Spindle

Now that I have started cutting aluminum, I decided it was time to get my air blaster / mister that I’ve had for a year or so hooked up finally. I don’t plan on cutting aluminum exclusively, and if I am not cutting aluminum, I want to have the mister out of the way, so I designed a simple and easy clamp / bracket to hold the mister when I am using it, but be easy to remove when I am done with it.

This is the air blast / mister I picked up.

A trapezoidal / keystone shaped block seemed to fit the bill, so I came up with this. The clamp ring that fits on my 80mm spindle:

And the keystone block that mounts to the mister block with 4mm button head screws and nylock nuts.

After printing and installing, here’s what they look like:

And finally, a quick video. It’s definitely not up to Winston’s standards, but it gets the point across.

These will be posted to Thingiverse this weekend if anyone wants to grab them and print them.
The last thing I need to do is make a small holder to hold the small 4 or 6 oz isopropyl alcohol bottle. Not sure where I want it to be, but when I figure it out, I’ll post that model as well.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.