3D printed clamps

I needed strong clamps for my T-Slot wasted board so I decided to print them using a Prusa Printer and particularly in their Orange coloured PETG. This makes them highly visible on the surface.

I’ll upload the STL files or Freecad files if anyone wants them.

7 Likes

Jeff
Thanks. I did look at those but really they’re intended to be used with Parf dog pegs and they wiggle too much around an M8 or M6 Bolt. Then Id have to produce a spacer to place around the bolt to hold them steady. I guess the choice is T-Slot or Pegs

David

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

I hope you’re on a commission!

1 Like

Jeff
I agree. I started to buy UJK bits from Axminster after attending a course there. Their parts are consistent, look good, perform well and you can order additional parts without worrying about compatibility in looks and shapes.

I use their T slot rails all over my workroom so that all my clamps are portable. I created a wasteboard from UJK rails which are 917cm as standard meaning they’re perfect for the Shapeoko XXL without any cutting and allow for easy placement of clamps at each end.

I’ve also added a second drag chain assembley which is posted elsewhere, and a bit runner alternative posted on the site.

1 Like

If you have these UJK cam clamps can you answer a question. They fit around the dogs and use their cam shape to lock a part in place but is it only friction that holds them in place. I made some cam clamps but mine have a bolt in the pivot point that I can tighten up and have never had one come loose. I can definitely see these a good clamps and accessories if you are using the Festool system but what holds the clamps in place besides friction?

Guy
I don’t use these clamps so I cant answer the question. Sorry

Nope, these do seem to be the biz - and I wouldn’t balk at paying that price for decent tools - just not a pencil! :thinking: :money_with_wings:

1 Like

A Rotring Quattro is the only pen/pencil I’ve lost since high school — twice now — sad that Rotring no longer makes them.

1 Like

I watched a youtube.com video from the Wood Whisperer about making an outfeed table. The outfeed table had several drawers in it and the host commented that he would get comments from the youtube audience about him using Walnut for his drawer fronts. The host explained that he spent more time in his shop then he did sitting on the furniture in his home so we wanted things nice in the shop.

https://thewoodwhisperer.com/

This is much like the pencil referenced. If you like it then get one, if you dont like it then dont. Many times I am very cheap about buying clothes. Most of my pants are bought for $10-12.00 and I buy a certain type of DIckies Tee shirts because I like them but only when they are on clearance. Yet two years ago I bought a $3000.00 SCM Bandsaw. Now I wear clothes every day but I only occasionally use the bandsaw. I chose to spend a lot on a bandsaw and little on clothes. My choice and I do not regret it. I occasionally splurge and buy myself something frivolous and enjoy it but what I think is frivolous another might think was a necessity. If a pencil even an expensive pencil is what you need to do what you perceive as valuable then go for it. If you are able to pick up a pencil off someones desk and think that is what you need that is ok as well. Enjoy your pencils, life is short.

4 Likes

I’ll look forward to that! Let’s hope it’s not too long…

Really nice job. I would like the stl file please.

2 Likes

Randy

Here you go…

David

cnc clamp - ramp.stl (3.2 KB) cnc clamp - body.stl (9.1 KB)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.