I did my first 3d carve today. I had no idea how it would turn out, and overall, I’m happy. There are a couple of things I haven’t quite figured out though. The c2d file is attached.
I used a 1/4" ball end mill for the majority of the carve, and a 1/4" end mill for the cutout. The plan was to use a 60° vbit for the stars, however by the time the 3d finishing path had ran, the stars were being carved in air (start depth was set to 0, stock top). It makes sense why this happened, but I’m not sure how to fix this. I also tried a 3d finishing toolpath with the stars selected using a vbit, but that didn’t work either.