5 Pro electronics box dimensions

I’m going to be building a new table ready for the Pro 5 coming in the next couple of weeks.

What are the dimensions of the black electronics box that needs to go near the right rear? How much extra room is required for the cables sticking out?

Thanks!

My box measures 13.25 (H) x 6.75 (W) x 3.5 (D). The USB port protrudes the most at +.3125 above the face making total depth 3.8125". As far as cable stick out, the cable bundles are flexible and can be laid over within 1-2". But, the USB-B side of the included USB cable is rigid and will stick out 1.75" from the box face (includes the USB port).

Hope that helps.

Brian

Thanks Brian. It sounds like 6" is enough for the depth.

Roughly how long are the cables from the machine to the box?

There are two bundles that stick out the back of the machine; one for the motors and the other for proximity switches. The switch bundle measures ~30" and the one for the motors measures ~36". You’ll have some flexibility depending on your cable management strategy. There two other cables that plug into the control box, the USB and the power pendant, I didn’t opt for spindle. They measure 6’ and ~6.5’ respectively.spindle yet. Hope that helps.

Brian

1 Like

Thanks again Brian, most helpful.

It looks like I’m going to have to hide the box on the back of the table I’m building (the right side needs to accommodate a lawn mower underneath!) so this is very useful information.

Why I can’t put the lawn mower in the shed instead of it being in my workshop (err… garage) I don’t know, but her indoors insists :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.