5 Pro stops during cut

Finally started my 1st project tonight with my new machine. Making base cabinets for the shop. This things a beast compared to my Pro XXL. Everything was going good, but 2 times I had it stop moving. The spindle was still running, but just sitting there. No message on the computer and the only way I could get it to do anything was to hit the Stop button in Carbide Motion. Reinitialize and went back into VCarve Pro and saved the tool paths that didn’t cut. Both times it did it I had actually increased the Feed to 150%. Never had any issues before with my Pro XXL disconnecting so not sure what I should be looking for? I updated my Carbide Motion a few days ago.
Thanks
Scott

Give this a shot:

2 Likes

Thanks Rob, I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

I tried doing the reflash, got as far as the 1st step to push boot loader and reset button and now all I get is “Cutter Not Found” message . not able to open up any other dialogs
Now what ???
Thanks
Scott

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com

Sucesss ! …Maybe,
I ended up using my Mac and following those instructions. In Windows I never could get the Zadig installer to show the ESP-32-S2 file. I did find it in the Device Manager after I allowed it to show hidden devices, but could never get past that. Hopefully this will fix the stoppage I was experiencing.

1 Like

I can not see ESP-32-S2 driver in Zizag or anywhere else. I just see the Shapeoko driver. Did you get help on this?

I can not see ESP-32-S2 driver in Zizag or anywhere else. I just see the Shapeoko driver. I also noticed that the USB keeps getting put to sleep by the laptop. Makes not sense, I changed power plans and reset the USB everywhere I could find it being set to sleep mode or power down mode. Not sure this will ultimately fix the issue but trying. Let me know…

I’m trying to remember what Brandon had said about the ESP 32 Driver not showing up. I just went back into my email string from Customer Support but he ended up giving me a call after several emails and thats when we talked about the Driver. I gave up and ended up doing it through my Macbook. Was very easy that way. Not sure if you have access to a Mac, but that would be easiest. Give Customer Service an email and they hopefully can get you up and running. After the Reflash I have had zero problems. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.
Scott

I found you have to do the booloader/reset steps then it shows.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.