A new vac bracket

Thanks for the idea and files. I made one and its great.

I was wondering why you changed out the piece of 2 1/2" clear PVC tubing for a direct, flex hose connection?

Thanks again.

1 Like

I’m cheap. Didn’t want the expense and it works to keep the hose from interfering with anything else. My hose was rubbing with wiring, it now is held clear.

1 Like

ok. Thanks. It has helped me in the same fashion. I really appreciate the sharing!

JRC

1 Like

Thanks for the files and your hard work getting the design dialed in! Here’s my 1st iteration with some cheap plywood…

4 Likes

Nice!!! Looks good in plywood too! :+1:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I cut one of these this weekend as well. I went with a vertical support and attached it to the drag chain transition bracket. There are two parts that each slide onto the side of the bracket and then connect to each other.

3 Likes

I have a Shapeoko 3 with HDZ and took the design and modified it. I need to redesign it after the initial attempt. Will post the files here when I get the modifications done. My V1 is not as elegant but with V2 I will make improvements. I ordered the 2.5" clear tube and got the 4MM .7 bolts and some new clamps Fulton 2.5" clamps that have butterflies so you can tighten by hand without any tools.

6 Likes

This is what I ended up with so far. I need to cut down the vertical pickup still, but it works really well

5 Likes