Ability to set default bits in tool path

Not sure if this has been discussed…
It would be nice to have the ability to set default bits for tool path. I use a specific bit most of the time for my toy products. Continually having to change the default 1/8" bit is annoying. I do a lot of 2D cutting with one specific bit and it would be nice to have is show up as the default bit.

For a given session, once a suitable tool has been selected, it should be used for all new toolpaths which it is appropriate to.

My work-around is to just leave it running constantly and never stop using it.

Thanks… but that’s not an option for me. Stock thickness, and Stock size in Design stay the same from previous work when I close the program and reopen it. It would be nice to have all the other variables do the same.