About the Fusion 360 category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

Would it be possible/beneficial to have a sticky at the top of the F360 category for machine configurations, post & tool libraries?

A place people can share their files so someone new to F360 and/or Carbide (Shapeoko or Nomad) can get started quickly. It may or may not be good to have separate stickies for specific configurations (ie Std, XL, XXL, 2x2, 2x4, 4x4, etc), I leave that to whomever would be setting up the stickies (I’m assuming an “admin” rather than regular community user).

1 Like

Are there any Fusion 360 users out there? I have a trial version and have been learning the CAD side of fusion. I am stuck on the CAM side of Fusion. How do I send something to my machine? Do i send it to Carbide Motion or does Fusion “Initialize” the machine and load the the file and run it? I am using a Shapoko Pro 4XXL

Hi Sean,
After creating the toolpaths you PostProcess them.
This saves the toolpaths which you then access with Carbide Motion.

1 Like

So I haven’t figured out yet how do you set the toolpaths.