Adding ATC to my HDM

If it’s only on the curves look at $12 setting.

Yes you could run them at 48v with different drivers

3 Likes

Which make/model servos had you been thinking? The only real argument against them was excess speed, but cannot the maximum just be limited?

These are the Clearpath servos I was planning to run and no matter what I will be swapping the factory Carbide electronics for a Masso g3 touch so I can add an automated ATC routine with a retracting tool storage rack, Z axis brake control, coolant control, and probing. All of which are not supported by any Carbide board at least not yet. I can hope for future users they add such functionality one day.

So I have to either source some sort of stepper drives to run the factory nema 23s / possibly 600oz nema 23s or run the Clearpaths.

I couldn’t find a Carbide post on the HDM stepper power curve so I used Massos 3nm chart as a reference and even at 48v the Clearpath will have plenty of torque and if I wanted insane 72v is an option.

A 48v Gecko 540 setup with the stock steppers would be a good budget friendly way to go and doing Raptors would be a few hundred more while the Clearpaths are over 1k more than the 540 setup depending on the power supply choice of 42 vs 72.

What is the Amp rating on the stock steppers? The g540 max output is 3.5amp

yes they can be turned down

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.