Adding bits to Carbide Create

I’m new to CNC, and I’m trying to add this bit to Carbide Create. Can someone assist with what I should add this bit as (30 deg vee or 30 deg engraver bit)? I would also be interested if anyone has specs on what settings to use. Here is the link to the bit I purchased:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L3YM41J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks.

Hi @Artamous,

It does not really matter whether you enter it as a Vee or Engraver (depends on what you intend to use it for, create it in the category that seems most natural to you)

You can go ahead and create it as diameter=0.25", included angle =30°. The rest of the params are the default feeds and speeds, those depend on the material you want to cut. For those I would say you can start by copy/pasting the parameters from one of the existing 60° Vees in the suitable material category.

Share your target material/usecase here and I’m sure people who used this tool before can share their recommended optimal feeds and speeds.

1 Like

I entered the very similar Amana #4577 which we sell as:

(for hardwood)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.