Adjust speed of plunge for Bitsetter

I use 60 and 90 degree bits for almost all of my work. The bitsetter’s first plunge is so fast that I have a divot in the bitsetter. I can’t imagine that helps with the bitsetter, the accuracy of of height settings or my bit’s cutting face which was a point.
I’m pretty sure it is not good for the other bits either. I use 1/4" bits, I would be scared to use anything smaller.

Please give us an adjustment for this. Thank you for all you do.

I cut my magnet off accidently while surfacing. I glued a magnet to the top. It is a hard surface that does not dent. The height is relative. Saw one gentleman that extended his to avoid a large workpiece.

1 Like

Hum, interesting idea. I may have to give that a try. Or maybe make something out of aluminum as that should be softer than the cutters and would be replaceable. My greatest concern is the tip of my v-bits getting damaged as that is what does most of the work.
If we need to work around something, would be better if they fixed the problem.
Peace
Thanks.

Never had an issue with the tips on my “V” bits. Except when I drop one. The aluminum will dimple like the tin hat that is currently there.

1 Like

Truth be told, me too. Just seems a little aggressive for the smaller, like 1/8 bits - which I rarely use (so why must it be the default bit while I’m at it?) - and for the tips of v-bits.
Peace

Never had an issue with the 1/64 bits I have used. The bit is coming down on its straight axis where it is the strongest. Unless it misses the dimple that has occurred due to soft metal over the magnet there should be no issue.

1 Like

I have found that after not being used for a while, (couple of days or so), that my bitsetter will be stuck. So before using, I’ve made it a semi practice to push it a couple times to make sure it’s free.

I’ve chalked it up to the tight tolerance it was machined too makes it susceptible to cold temperatures.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.