Advanced V-Carve & Accuracy Issue

I have a Shapoko XXL. Recently I noticed an issue while doing a simple rectangular contour cut. One of the corners of the project was not smooth like the other 3. I then noticed there was a bad spot in one of the belts. It looked like a one- or two-inch section was melted. I purchased the maintenance kit and replaced all the belts and v wheels. While I was at it, I replaced the compact router as well with the ER11. I just ran my first project, and it looks terrible. The octagons seem like they are all distorted when the pocket portion of the Adv V-Carve ran. Then when the v-carve portion ran it did not line up with the pocket portion at all. Is this possibly a belt tension issue? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jerry
Bee Hive Box Top2

Behive box top 2.c2d (432 KB)

You have the toolpaths designated for a #301:

(90 degree)

Could it be that you cut with a #302? (60 degree)

If your G-code is edited to use a #302 the appearance of the 3D preview matches:

The good news is if your file is still clamped in place it should work just to re-send the V carving portions w/ a #301.

I’m pretty sure I used a 90⁰ V bit but i will double check as soon as i get back home.

Well that wasn’t the issue. Anyone have any other ideas?

If the cut file doesn’t match the 3D preview then it is almost always a machine problem — check the runout on your spindle, if the stock moved, if the machine lost steps, &c.

2 Likes

I think the set screw on the pully was the problem

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.