Advanced V-Carve Suggestion

Can you make the two step operations in advanced v-carve groupable? I’d like to be able to Combine the pocketing operation with other operations that use the same tool. For example, if I have a pocket design that also has an outer contour, I’d like to be able to avoid unnecessary tool changes by using my v-bit last and doing the pocketing and contour operations first. I don’t want to run the contour operation first because it will allow the piece to vibrate more during the main pocketing operation.

I am not sure that will work unless both operations are Advanced Vcarve and even then it may do one object with both tools and then the other. If one is an Adv Vc and the other is simply a pocket I dont think that will combine to do the pocket on both objects and then the vcarve in the Advanced Vcarve.

Maybe others can chime in if it is possible.

Never hurts to ask.

I just did this yesterday. I had a 4 level Advanced V-Carve plaque to make.

I edited the G-Code & put all of the pocket paths together at the top of the file, and then the Vee-Carve paths at the bottom so I only had 1 toolchange rather than 7.

It would be really nice to just do this in CC, rather than editing the raw G-Code.

It would be even cooler if the areas where the V-carve is more than one level deep it only took one V-Carve pass at final depth instead of several, one on each level.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.