Aftermarket source for bitrunner

Since Carbide has all but announced the end of their venture into manufacturing of the bitrunner accessory, does anyone know if there is an aftermarket source for an equivalent Accessory?

We are developing a v2 — write in to sales@carbide3d.com and we’ll see if we can share details on the schedule.

For a DIY, it’s just a matter of wiring in a relay, one example at: Spindle Control - ShapeOko

Some have used this Amazon.com: Iot Relay - Enclosed High-Power Power Relay for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIC or WiFi, Relay Shield: Electronics wired into the control board as well. Search for “IOT Relay” here and you will find more posts about it.

2 Likes

Thanks. I dropped an email to sales as suggested.

The DIY option sounded a bit too techie for me.

Here’s an alternative, although it is in the UK.

You could also probably buy it directly from the manufacturer.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just received an acknowledgment from Sales at Carbide that a V2 of the bitrunner is in the omaking… Release date 3-4 months. I am now on their notification list.

2 Likes

Did they give an idea of pricing, by any chance?

Thanks

No idea. Doubt if they will announce it at this time. The old version waspriced at 80 USD.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.