Air Force Retirement Shadowbox

Not my original design, but they really wanted it so I put my own flavor on it and modeled and did all the toolpaths in Fusion360. Made out of Cherry and Walnut.

Pulled a late night cutting everything, I have a ton of sanding left and mounting the box underneath.

I’ll post a final picture and post the cut files/fusion360 model for this. Not my favorite thing to make, but it’s feeding my tool addiction.

25 Likes

I really like that design. The weight of each piece gives it a solid presence, and making it out of smaller pieces rather than one large chunk of wood makes it seem like an assembly rather than a frame. I look forward to the final build.

I really like this design. I actually had a good friend who is retiring from the Air Force this year and contacted me last week wanting me to make a shadow box but was not sure what he wanted. I may go this route!
Scott

Almost finished with this thing.

Figured I’d post the files. Use at your own risk :slight_smile:

Again…not an original design, just made it better
Airforce Shadowbox.zip (1.4 MB)

2 Likes

Thanks Maurice,
I’m traveling the next week, but when I get home I’ll start planning and cutting. Please show us your finished product !
Scott

Final product and out the door. Took me a half of the day to get the flag folded right.

Probably will not do another one.

13 Likes

Looks amazing AF!
Pretty sure I knew a Delatorre when I was in Germany at Combat Comm, maybe? I could be wrong. Hope they love their shadowbox.

That really came out great ! He’s going to love that. Thanks for the DXF file. I’ve been dabbling with it some. Your original file have made me decide to learn Fusion 360 now :slight_smile:
Scott

1 Like

I really like how this turned out. The varying heights remind me of an intarsia piece. Well done!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.