Aluminum cutting fluid

Has anyone tried A-9 Aluminum Cutting Fluid from Relton. I have used it with a Mist Coolant Lubrication Spray System and they work really well, with having to hold your air nozzle continually. you can control the amount of fluid being used as well as cooling the part. Both can be found on Amazon as well as others.

I have not done a lot of aluminum cutting but on the cuts I’ve done, I found the parts were staying warmish (maybe 110F) not hot just warm to the touch with the appropriate feeds and speeds. I just used a bit of compressed air to keep the cutting area clean. I think most Shapeoko heavily milling aluminum are not using coolant.

1 Like

I find air to be a huge boost to keeping chips out of the way. I do use a 75/25 ethanol/water mist on larger/more aggressive jobs.

1 Like

Air is great because it keeps things out of the flutes and getting recut. I’ve changed to using straight alcohol. Used to use kerosene/kroil mix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.