Anodized offset Sweepy adapter?

This may be just the “reason” I need to buy a 3D printer. Lol

2 Likes

The 3D printer humming on the left of my desk says you should, it’s super useful.

1 Like

Or see:

1 Like

Blockquote
The 3D printer humming on the left of my desk says you should, it’s super useful.<

Any model or size suggestions?

I have the Prusa i3 mk3s and absolutely love it, and I hear many here bought an Ender.
We had a thread sometime ago that pretty much covers all the options:

1 Like

My two cents on the subject:

If you want a printer that “just prints”, I highly recommend a Prusa Mk3s+ kit that you assemble yourself in a few hours. They are ~$800 after shipping. It is the more expensive of the two.

If you are a bit thin on cash, but you want a printer with a similar print volume, and you don’t mind fidgeting with it and upgrading it here and there to get it to print better, then the Creality Ender 3 is where you want to be. It is ~$250 plus a bit more in upgrades and your time to get it dialed in.

I am heavily biased towards the Prusa. I have owned 4 of them and have two now (i3 Mk2s models) and I love that with them, I can hit print and walk away and know that it will print just fine. The bed levels (after setting the initial zero when assembling it) and the removable print surface is great. The quiet stepper motor drivers mean they run silent. Just fantastic. I could go on. . .

2 Likes

I have (but am loaning the Mk3), to a friend and also have the prusa mini. Both are pretty solid and work great “out of box”. Haven’t needed to tinker with it too much.

Though the printer is named Funny, It Worked Last Time mostly because I like the culture ship names, and also because I had a string of one print would work, then the same print failed a bit later.

2 Likes

I could recommend a Creality Ender 3 Pro. This is the one I have and works great.

Just ordered a Prusa…had to get on the waiting list. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

3D printed hose adapters for Shapeoko

https://community.carbide3d.com/t/sweepy-the-dustboot-that-sucks/19042/79

If you want any of these parts PM me I can ship them out on Monday.

1 Like

Actually, I’m in the process of getting a couple 3D printers. The Prusa is going to take a while to get here so I also ordered a Anycubic Mega Pro that includes a laser attachment that will be here Wednesday. Im looking forward to trying to print one .

1 Like

Update…it took a couple attempts, but its almost finished. The piece kept coming loose from the surface so I used the painter’s tape trick

Thanks SLCJedi !!!

3 Likes

There is a feature called a raft where it puts a large flat layer down first, then prints on top of it, when it is done you separate the part from the raft. This also helps with uneven print surfaces and prevents elephant foot, which is the bottom of the model slightly wider then the rest due to squishing the first few layers onto the deck. The raft suffers the abnormalities and the part goes unscathed.
This is what it should look like after slicing:

1 Like

And the step just below “raft” - which is the most aggressive option - is “brim” which just extends the first print layer out from your part providing more surface area to adhere to the bed.

The raft option is kind of like the nuclear option - it will definitely get the job done. There’s nothing wrong with using it, it just adds more time to the print time.

The brim is for when your part is having just a bit of trouble sticking, but it just needs a bit of help. I usually set the brim to 5-6mm if I need it.

1 Like

Brim:

Generally a brim is 1 layer, a raft is 4. I use rafts to keep my parts dimensional, as I usually get some elephants foot with a single layer brim. I also prefer the even bottom pattern over a squished flat surface you get with no bed adhesion.
I save my used filament for re-spooling, have a box full of rafts lol.

Do you do that yourself?

No I save up and keep some of my unused spools then I will bring it to someone with a 20k machine. I think the machines start at 7500 for the cheap one but probably not worth the investment.
I just started using 3D printers in Feb so I am still working on my first box of recycled parts/rafts etc.

This is actually my very first attempt at 3d printing, so I need all the advice I can get. It looks like this one will finish printing, but I’ll see if it is true to size and usable. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.