Another dead S5Pro VFD control board

Thanks to everyone in all of the other threads that walked through troubleshooting a dead VFD control board.
Now that I figured out why my VFD is not running, “support” requested to have one shipped to me.
I’ve had nothing but issues with this machine since the day it was delivered and to say that I am disappointed is an understatement.
Support has left my simple question of when they will ship out the replacement Spinderella board unanswered for 4 days now.
Definitely experiencing buyers remorse. I’ve had to spend more time troubleshooting the machine than actually making things with it.

Same here. I’d like to know how to put this VFD into manual mode so I can at least run it without the control board.

Ben, showing you have replacement already in transit.
Tom, showing you have a replacement controller going out related to our blog post that was linked.
There isn’t much of a way to run the spindle manually. We have a VFD manual, but it’s more related to installation of the VFD found here: https://my.carbide3d.com/manuals/ (second to last manual on the page)

1 Like

Do you have anything you can share in regards to the VFD Control Board rev 1.2? My old broken one was 1.1, replacement is 1.2. Curious if you folks identified an issue that was causing board failures.

Looks to me like C3D identified Q3 as a problem and that is why they started removing it and shorting the pads where the PNP transistor used to be.

If you’re curious @Gibs - here’s that same region in question of the v1.2 board.

1 Like

I am indeed. Thank you.

Yeah it looks like they simplified the circuit and removed the unnecessaries components. People should not see the same failure mode any more which is great news.

You cant run it manually with the controls on the VFD itself. Carbide locked all the settings that allows you to use the buttons. You know, for your convenience.

If you hold the jog button on the VFD it’ll spin up to 1200 rpm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.