Another flag plaque V2

I figured I would share this quick. About 2 months ago I did this monster.

Here’s version 2

Not my original file design for the wavy flag, but I ended up altering the file to add the stars.

V2 is about 1/3rd the size of the last one. I think I’m going to stick with it.

Materials:
Redheart
Walnut
Curly Maple
Purpleheart
Oak
And Black Limba which is awesome wood to work with.

Cheers!

29 Likes

Outstanding work. The progression from something that was already beautifully clean to something that is mind blowing for the person getting it is awesome.

The only problem with a build of this quality is that the person who receives it will definitely think it was made by some large company and just “ordered” off the internet. Because it’s that refined. It’s that good.

Nice Maurice.

5 Likes

I love it. Not sure how I really feel about wavy flags for plaques but thats just my personal feeling and has nothing to do with the high quality of the product you produced. Can I assume you laser engraved the lt col info or did you also use the cnc? I do a lot of military stuff ( my husband is active duty navy) so I get volun-told often. Might have to “steal” this for an option because it looks awesome. also I never thought of doing the star field in walnut, but it looks great

1 Like

Looks really good just bought a 5 pro and learning as I go that is my goal again looks nice

1 Like

Thanks! The Lt Col plaque engraving was done on the CNC. The wavy Maj plaque was done on the laser. I like both, but it’s easier to do on the CNC.

I think V3 should combine the amazing wavy flag and the cnc engraved plaque of v1. Absolute perfection! Both look amazing.

1 Like

I ended up making 2 more this weekend. My plans on finishing the cribbage board got smoked.

Here’s the build video.

7 Likes

Good work man. Subscribed! :+1:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.