Anti Static Control - router, dust hose, etc

1. Larger gauge number is smaller wire diameter.
2 Likes

You’re absolutely correct! How I messed that up…

I thought that too.

I ran solid copper wires through my vacuum hoses, connected to ground. Still got disconnects.

Then I ran a solid copper wire from my 611 to ground. No more disconnects.

The wire in the vac hose was causing clogs, annoying. I took it out. Still, no more disconnects. Some jobs I can’t use a dust shoe so I manually vac periodically. Hair stands up on my arms and head, touch the x,y,z axes with the vac hose, NO disconnects. For me, empirical proof the separate ground on the router is the answer to static-induced disconnects.

3 Likes

My gremlins popped up again, but not as often as before. I just added your mod and haven’t had a problem in days. Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I hope this is the end of your woes as it has been the end of mine. Cut on.

1 Like

I immediately started having issues once upgrading to a larger JET dust collection unit where I was losing connection to the machine controller mid program. I followed the recommendation of @HAL9000 and replaced the factory Dewalt power cord by using the instructions he provided except I used 14 gauge 3 wire SJEOOW cord and a 3 prong plug which is overkill but it’s what I had in the shop. At the same time, I stripped off some of reinforcement wire on the flexible pvc dust collection hose and grounded it to the dust collector frame. Ever since these two changes, I’ve not had any issues with the connection dropping off.