Any good laser attachments?

I’ve had my shapeoko for a couple years now and I love it. I’m finding, I’m doing more and more projects that could be well adapted to a laser engraver supplement. I’ve seen a couple that claim they will seamlessly integrate with the shapeoko but it’s a sizable investment to be wrong. Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation. Or is currently using one that the love as much as the machine it’s self.

I’m sure it’s somewhere down the list of topics but I scrolled and didn’t see anything.

I have the JTech one and it’s been great for me. Safety features I liked the most. Any laser module can be integrated with the Shapeoko as long as its intensity control interface is a 0-5V analog input, that’s the only catch. And then if they provide a Shapeoko-specific mount that makes your life much easier.
Make sure whatever you choose comes with decent eyewear for protection, or buy good goggles separately.

2 Likes

JTech for me, too. Mine is 7W which is plenty for what I use it for.

I don’t “cut” much, but I do a lot of “engraving” with it. Its quick and with my mods on the mount; consistently accurate.

I’ve had help from others (primarily @wb9tpg Gary & @neilferreri) to get started in a good way.

1 Like

JTech with Lightburn software, great combination.

3 Likes

+1 for JTech and Lightburn combo

1 Like

Mostly engraving and accent work. I don’t have any cutting plans.

Thanks for helping me piece my decision together.

For the price of a J-tech you can also get a similar powered complete machine and not have to tie up your shapeoko.

I have an Atomstack laser that works great with light burn.

Just another option to keep in mind.

2 Likes

It seems Jtech seems to be the way to go.

Thanks for all the info

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.