Any idea what's causing these?

Been running a pocketing toolpath that I’ve done many times successfully. On occasion I get these raised connections from letter to letter, you can see in the attached photo. Not showing up in vectric software. Using a 1/8" EM with a .25 for clearing. Not sure if it thinks there’s not enough room for the bit to fit, eventhough there is? 95% of the time I do not get these, and I haven’t changed anything with this part of the file. Any ideas?

You positive that doesn’t show up in the 3D preview?

That’s what it looks like when what you’re using to generate the gcode can’t “fit” the tool into the space. You’re using the exact-same-gcode-file or regenerating the gcode from a design file?

Can you share your file or gcode for the detail operation?

Let me double check the file in vcarve tomorrow to verify they aren’t on there. I’ve made different files changing an element in the middle of the design but never touch this pocket. Thanks for the help I’ll get back

Did you re-zero Z when you changed from the 1/4 to the 1/8?

1 Like

Okay… problem solved. Somehow unchecked “project onto 3d model” for the 1/8 bit. The clearing bit was still cutting to full depth through the entire pocket, where the 1/8 bit did not. Thanks guys

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.