Any way to break apart a polygon?

Hi all,
I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find any posts about it. I have a shape (triangle, square, hexagon) but I want to separate it into component lines so I can manipulate each of them - understanding that they won’t be connected anymore. Node edit won’t work for this purpose, of course, since it reconnects the remaining nodes. If I try assembling the shape I want from individually created lines, I won’t get the accuracy I am looking for.

Am I missing some other technique, or is this just not possible, and I should post this under Feature Requests instead?

Thanks!

Go into Node Edit mode:

then right-click and choose “Cut Vector”:

repeat:

Done

Awesome! Thank you for pointing that out - I never thought to right-click for additional options. It was probably in a tutorial video that I didn’t pay enough attention to… If you know who to suggest this to, it would be really helpful if they could add a note on the left side under the Shortcuts that this option exists.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.