Applications from Tailmaker developer available

has available a number of programs which used to be available commercially as was pointed out by @neilferreri

• Puzzle My Joint — Generate joints for frames and other wooden items, or create jigsaw puzzle patterns and make them on your CNC machine.
  • Fingermaker — Make complex finger joints on your CNC machine.
  • Mazemaker — Generate single or double sided mazes and make them on your CNC machine.
  • Guillochograph — This is a utility that will generate decorative patterns. It can replicate patterns usually made by Guilloche methods or decorative turning with Rose Engine Lathes.

Missing at this time are Tailmaker itself and the matching fixture design to hold boards at 15 degree angles

Any update on this, or a way to get the old program from an install file?

The tailmaker software is available here.

3 Likes

I’m only seeing FingerMaker ---- is the TailMaker functionality merged into that?

Also, isn’t there supposed to be a special clamp for holding boards at 15 degrees to make Tailmaker work? Not seeing that either.

EDIT: also not seeing the Guilloche program — sent off an e-mail inquiring.

Sorry Will, I have no idea. I stumbled on that a while ago, played with it for a few minutes and then put it aside for a time when I’ll have more time. I don’t know much about the software at all.

I downloaded and installed it, and it’s only Fingermaker, so I’m going to split this off to a new thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

The Guilloche generator has become available at:

https://fabrikisto.com/tailmaker-software/

This is a utility that will generate G-Code for the machining of decorative patterns on CNC machines. It can replicate patterns usually made by Guilloche methods or decorative turning with Rose Engine Lathes. It will generate output as a .dxf file and as .bmp bitmap file to be used in suitable CAM software like VCarve Pro or Aspire (trademarks Vectric).

It will also generate G-code directly as a stand-alone application. For the latter, this software does not need separate CAD or CAM software.

4 Likes