Articulating Arm for BitZero V2

Preface: Not an Engineer.

Over time of trial and error I may figure it out, But I am trying to shortcut this with the prices of wood.

End resulting idea - Have the BitZero V2 tucked away under the CNC table with the ability to have an arm come out from under the table for easy access. Then tuck it away when not in use. Also having a place for the extra wiring to be placed out of the way.

I have two trains of thought.

1. Attach to the inside leg of the table to either stretch out and swing out and raise up to at least table level for access.
    Shape of leg:
    Screenshot 2022-08-06 112936

2. Attach to front face board tucked under the center and be able to swing from there to table level.

Arm joints with wood connected with bolt screws and knobs.

Any thoughts on which may be best?
Any design ideas that may differ?

Am I over thinking this?

I keep mine under the right side of the table…Just grab and go use it and put it back.

Anthony

2 Likes

I do the same. I am trying to do something more interesting with it.
Something maybe for YouTube.

I just made a box and used pocket screws to attach to table. Simple!

4 Likes

NICE!

I have a couple ideas that are different and once I decide which I like best I’ll post it.

Since the bottom of the bore is just plastic, and is not part of the measurement, I simply drilled a small hole in the center of the bore.

Now I hang the BZ on a small nail, and I put a screw beside it to hang the magnet from.

1 Like

I have it narrowed down to a specific design and application.
I chose not to use an articulating arm due to it still sort of being in the way.

I am anxious to let you see it but I am waiting to have it completed to get your genuine reactions. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

In a few days I think I’ll have it completed.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.