Assembly - Putting on the gantry

Hi.

I just received my Shapeoko 4 XL and am in the process of assembling it.

I´ve reached the point where I need to put on the gantry.

I´ve set all the excentric nuts to the 6-position (leaving the little mark in the nut in the 12-position) and the left side slides on just fine, whereas the right side will not slide over the v-“thing”. I´ve tried adjusting the nuts on the right side and finally - but with the help of a little force and having someone hold the left-side - it slided over.

I´ve since tried to find the position with the least friction by adjusting the nuts, but it´s nowhere moving as freely as the left side. And I´m in no hurry to mount the end-plates as there´s no chance at all, that it´ll roll off by accident.

So my question is, what do I do here? I can move the gantry by hand, but it stops immediately after I stop pushing, and doesn´t run freely as in the instruction video. There no way I can make it “float” (sorry, not native speaker) to the end by pushing it, like its done in the video.

I´m of course worried that this result in inaccuracy when milling and premature wear and tear of the wheels…

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please try adjusting the V wheels as described at:

If that doesn’t help, contact us at support@carbide3d.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.