Back in business

Been having a crisis of confidence lately, had several projects in a row go south, all with thicker (3/4" or greater) stock. But my wife needed letters cut for a sign for my daughter dance studio thing, so plucked up my courage and gave it a go. Feeling much better after a perfect run today, almost 20 11" letters. Did away with tabs and went with carpet tape in addition to clamps. Nothing fancy, but glad it went well. 3/4" MDF, 1/4" endmill, 60ipm, .1" doc.

7 Likes

Way to get back on the horse!

I have crashed my SO3 several times and Ive only had it for a couple of months. I view each crash as burning the lesson that much firmer into my neural net…

Looks great! I know the feeling with my lack of experience & lack of time (2 yr old & 1 on the way) it’s easy for me to make this difficult. My goal is to make some random/simple things to increase my experience. It’s always a constant battle to keep my perfectionism in check!!

Thanks guys. Only about 6 months in this hobby myself, so constantly learning. And screwing up, and learning some more.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.