Before I Purchase

Discovered Atlas Cutting tools on the web and have bought a few bits there that seem to work well. Dirt cheap and made in America.

I love my XXL but the cost of the machine pales next to all the ancillary stuff to get it up and running. Make sure you have done your due diligence and that there is not a machine with similar pricing using screw drive that has easy axis tilt adjustment out there. 20-20 hindsight I would have paid an extra 500$ for those options and it would not have affected my all-in price that much. I easily spent double the machine cost by the time I had software, an HP surface pro, clamps, and lots of bits… Probable cheaper ways to do it but I was a noob also and this has worked out well for me.

I went with carbide for my xxl and happy I did. If for no other reason then the customer support they offer its great. I bought the xxl, a few extra bits and order the sucket dust boot. My suggestion is to have you cabinet built before your CNC arrives. That way you can have a place for your machine when it arrives. What I learned

1. Take your time putting it together
  2. Once together and all squared up and level true the waste board then make the Myers waste board.
  3. If new to cnc it will take time to learn. Not only to learn the machine but the program to design your projects in. For me that is the hardest learning process.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.