Belt tear on Pro model

I have had my Pro for about 2 months with about 15 hours of time on the machine. I noticed a belt tear as shown in the images. I contacted support last week and have not heard back from them besides the automated reply. I have got a paid job of engraving some box lids that I’m now a week behind. This is a simple Vcut. Do you think I should risk the machine to cut those lids? I was kind of hoping they would send me a replacement quickly since the machine is very new.

I am not the most experienced user here, but I have been following this forum closely for a while. This isn’t a typical failure. I doubt that you can mess up the machine to run it this way, but I would think that the results would be good. Customer support has typically been amazing but it seems like somebody dropped the ball here. I have responses well outside of the support hours and at times when I didn’t expect them to be available. I would call them at this point.

1 Like

Until you can reach support, I’m pretty confident that this partial tear will not cause any short term issue for running a few simple v-carve jobs. Especially on Y axis since the load is spread over the two belts. You may want to do a dry run on a random piece of stock

1 Like

If it’s possible to setup the workpiece in a place where the nicked bit of belt isn’t being picked up to go round the stepper that might help too.

Otherwise, it looks like a nick, and the majority of the reinforcing fibres should still be there, v-carve should be light loads, so just keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Let us know about this at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll work out getting you a new set of belts as quickly as we can.

For your information, w/ill.

That’s kind of bizarre given that we have a ticket from Craig Lafferty as of Apr 9 10:06 AM on this, w/ a response from us at 10:16 AM asking what machine size and address and phone # which was viewed at 10:17 AM, but no answer.

Oh wow- let me check everything because I don’t remember seeing an email. My original email had the order # on it so I assumed all information was there. I know you guys are on top of everything and I thought it was different that I had not heard back yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.