Better than fusion 360

It is very easy to create a student account.
https://cad.onshape.com/

I’m familiar with OnShape…what makes you say it’s better than Fusion?

(also, welcome back!)

1 Like

Thank you for the nice words. I’m around daily but most of the time as a visitor. I’m still in pain from the cut of my ribs.

Now, about OnShape, it’s free, very easy to have your friend working on the same document with you. The layout is very clean & easy to understand. I know it’s only a design app and missing tons of Fusion 360 features but you can finish your design, then take it to your favorite app to create your gcode.

OnShape has already had its license debacle. It is missing a large amount of features compared to Fusion, specifically the CAM section. You can add apps through their store but that is not the same as having it built in. The free plan requires all your designs to be public and anyone can get on and start using them. The paid versions are also significantly more expensive than paid versions of Fusion. Everyone has their preferred tool but in my opinion, OnShape is not the best tool for Shapeoko or Nomad users.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.