Bit Runner V2 stopped working mid-cut

As stated, I was running a cut and out of nowhere my router turned off. Thankfully I was standing there and able to shut things down quickly.

I have checked the following:

• all connections are tight
  • plugged router in directly and it runs fine
  • bit runner fuse is fine, replaced it anyways to double check
  • the remote switch lights up as it should
  • power cycled everything

Any ideas?

For now I will plug in and run manually but would like to get it figured out.

Thanks

Can you hear the relay ‘click’ when it’s supposed to turn the spindle on?

1 Like

No click from the relay.

So either the relay is blown, unlikely I think as they are quite over-rated for the C3D router unless it was just a bad component, or the signalling from the controller to the Bitrunner is open(did you check all the connectors? give them a wiggle? I know my connector to the controller board was super tight - had to be careful not to over-strain the connector on the PCB for fear of breaking it off or the solder joints), the controller output signal is no longer functioning, or the Bitrunner power/logic circuits are blown somehow.

If nothing happens when you try wiggling connectors, you’ll probably want C3D help to troubleshoot further.

1 Like

Nevermind, just saw that You had checked the fuse.

My Bitrunner v2, purchased in November 2022 with a new Shapeoko Pro, suddenly failed to work last week when I started a job. I contacted Carbide 3D support by email and meticulously followed the checklist and diagnostic actions suggested by support. Testing with a multimeter proved the control board on the Shapeoko was providing power, I replaced the fuse even though it wasn’t blown, and the relay would not make a sound when I tried to operate the Bitrunner. In response to my email describing the diagnostic testing results the tech in a return email suggested yesterday I order a new Bitrunner. I immediately went online and placed an order with Carbide 3D. Within two hours I received notification the order was shipping.

Support turnaround time on my emails was a few hours longer than when my Shapeoko was under warranty but I considered the response time reasonable for an out of warranty product. I was disappointed the Bitrunner’s life was only 16 months, of light to moderate use, but realize sometimes electronic parts fail despite proper care. I am very happy with my Shapeoko and the company’s ongoing customer support.

I agree, their response time and general support is pretty good. Rare find these days.

I ran through the diagnostics and came to the same conclusion. I have not ordered a new bitrunner yet but that is what I will be doing. Unfortunate on the lifespan.

I ordered a new BitRunner. Plugged it in. It works perfectly. The old one must have failed.

There is a Fuse in V2. It can be replaced. I have V1 So I am replacing the Relay since I can solder, some can’t.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.