Bit zero for SMW fixture plate

Anyone that is using the SMW fixture plates with 1/2-13 holes what is your solution for Bit zero?

I posted this in another thread reply but thought d start a thread to see other options.

I did this out of 303 stainless threaded 1/2-13 then drilled and tapped for M6 to mount the bit zero.

I don’t know if I’m not supposed to say anything or not about it or not, but last year Vince made a few .500" to M6 adapters and I ended up with a few.

Honestly though,. I don’t use it anymore. I stopped hard mounting the bit zero and just set it on the fixture plate as needed.

I could easily resin 3d print some if you were interested though. They should be plenty strong.

I’m happy with my stainless mounting plate just looking to see what others have done.

1 Like

I did similar to above, taking a short bit of 1/2 threaded rod and drilling/tapping it for M6 on my lathe. Though concentricity doesn’t matter, so you could probably do the same with just a drill press too

I went overboard… as per my usual. I have the original fixture plate design. I cut a recess in the phenolic slat, and notch it off the plate. I drilled/tapped a hole in the extrusion below.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.